Friday, April 20, 2007

Today, we are all Hokies!

Today is Hokie Hope Day. The Governor delcared a statewide day of mourning and everyone was encouraged to wear maroon and orange. I've known this all along, but today I KNEW it was all going to get better. I still cried today but mostly because things touched my heart. Like a friend at work's daughters school. They posted a picture on the school's website of all the kids.

Tanya has organized Project Hokie Hope. This means I get to show the families in a personal way that their loss is our loss too. On a lighter note, this also means I have to buy yarn. I haven't decided what I'm going to knit yet but when I do, I'll share.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I will be joining you also on Tanya's Project Hokie Hope..I'm thinking a shawl..bought yarn today..so first step has been taken..and going on vacation in 2 weeks, so will take along and work on as I enjoy the sun and fun of the Mayan Riviera...just more of the healing process.
Happy Knitting~~

Mary said...

Thanks for telling me about Tanya's project. I'm trying to see if Scout will create a custom colorway for it. Stay tuned!

IndigoMuse said...

Thanks for the Hokie love, Nikki :) We ARE all Hokies right now.

T