Friday, June 15, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

After I posted earlier, I decided that the best thing I could do, despite the chill and damp in the air was go down to a large public park for our local Relay for Life. It was very crowded and getting more so by the minute. It took me 50 minutes to get 8/10 of a mile. It was ok though. I had good music, a lot of patience and honestly, I was glad so many people were coming out. I didn't take any knitting because I wanted to walk and visit with my co-workers. Sadly, not many of them came out but I enjoyed hanging out with those who did.

I wandered around looking for cotton candy (an unsuccessful venture I must add) with my boss' 9 yr old. Walking around and talking with her and her worries (the day care serves the same snack every day) and being there with all the cancer survivors and all the luminaries of those who have died from cancer, it makes you think.

I'm still disappointed in the new LYS but it doesn't matter so much now.

I know several people commented that they were afraid that something was wrong with their computer and I'm so sorry if anyone else did that as well. I just didn't think about that aspect.

I hope you get to do something good this weekend. Something that makes you realize maybe your problems aren't as big as they could be.

So, as Pepper said the other day - go love on a cat or something :) tell those you love, that you love them. And thank you all for reading my little blog. I appreciate you. Very much.

5 comments:

Pam! said...

Great post! Those moments are important. I always feel so much more appreciative of what I've got and realize I should feel that way every day. Thanks!

Marianne said...

Nothing like a dose of 'real life' to whack you upside your psyche, eh?
XOX

Dianne said...

You're such a great positive influence..and thank you!
I love your blog..always cheerful..and 'catsy'..huge hugs your way and thanks for all your encouraging words of support.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Bet you didn't know I have been lurking! I do like this post on reality. Sometimes we need to talk about what is on our minds or we'll go crazy.
Bunny hugs,
=:8

Anonymous said...

Isn't amazing how much attention and publicity the breat cancer campaign gets?? Awesome!