Thursday, December 14, 2006

happy tears

Have you ever loved anyone so much that their lives touch you in countless ways? I have a very very dear friend who most bizarrely, I've never met in person. We met online, on AOL on a message board no less, but I truly love this woman as if she were blood family. And not that weird family member you don't really want to claim but feel you should love, we're talking Favorite Aunt type family! Well, today her granddaughter was born and I'm just so happy for her and her daughter that I'm just sitting here crying.

I'm not one for posting other's information but since we know she's not in Virginia and since I'm not saying where she is, I'll give the stats (cuz really, who doesn't love baby stats?) Jasmine was born at 4:53 pm in their local time zone and weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and has a head full of brown hair. I could hear her squallin' over the phone. Grandma got to cut the cord and I'm not sure she's stopped crying since. Everyone is doing great.

I feel like a proud aunt or something. Now if I could just smooch on those little hands and toes...

No comments: