Monday, November 20, 2006

various thoughts

First and foremost, I must tell y'all this important information, tomorrow at work (specifically at lunch since it's hard to answer phones and help customers while teaching) I'm going to teach a friend how to knit. OK, so I know it'll be the first lesson but I have faith in her. She'll pick it up like she was born to knit. I have some nice leftover wool to take to her, a pair of needles (I'd like to take some circs to her but all of my 7's are currently being used and the next size up I have is like 10. I taught myself how to knit on size 11 straights but I shouldn't do that to someone else...) and I have the book I used to teach myself how to knit. Well, OK, so I needed some phone advice from Mom but for the most part I got it on my own.

I'm so exicted. She was studiously watching me knit at lunch today and kept asking me questions. I dutifully answered them all. When she said "I'd like to learn how to knit", I said "I'd be happy to teach you" and unlike other's who go "oh" or whatever not really interested reply, she got excited. I asked her if she wanted me to bring stuff in tomorrow so she could play with it over the long weekend and she said yes. So, we're knitting tomorrow! Now, I must confess, I read the Yarn Harlot regularly. I'm aware she's trying to get knitters to take over the world. I've even been praised in a personal email from her for even *thinking* about taking a traveling sock picture. I feel it's important to do my part in her global "knitterly" plan. It's one addiction I'm happy to share!

Polly had mentioned in a comment that she'd like to go to a chili cook off. I thought I'd post this publicly in case anyone else thought the same thing. I know in my area they're poorly advertised but they are enjoyable. Go to one of the links I listed below, either the one for the ICS or CASI, or heck go to the Goat Gap site- she lists both "demoninations" and find one near you. Most all of them listed should be public. If you have any trouble or further questions, please feel free to ask... I'm happy to share (hmm, maybe I should've titled this - I'll share my addictions with you... :) )

Lastly, I'd like to give a little update on my hair length. Are you wondering what I'm talking about? Well, this blog started as a way to document my hair growth so I could cut it off and donate it to locks of love. You need 10 inches. I'm there. I met my goal a month earlier than I hoped. Now all I need to do is make an appointment. I promise to share pictures of the whole thing.

No comments: