Saturday, November 18, 2006

The (insert ominous music) VET

We all went to the vet today. For two of us, it's really not a big deal. However, Bartholamew does NOT like the vet. Ever since the little day trip he took about 10 yrs ago and came home fixed. Now, I can't blame him but he goes from mild mannered easy going luv bug to nasty ass heathen. Luckily, we have good vets. The one we normally go to calls herself "Aunt Connie" and talks sweet to him despite what he calls her. The vet we saw today, Dr Jessup, was just as kind and treated us well. On top of all the shots, Bartholamew has had a little licking his fur off problem. We got medicine for that today too. She thinks it's an inhaled allergy. Do you think the crazy people who make medicines HAVE cats? I don't. They don't have this in liquid or cream form, just pills. So I get to give my biggest baby pills. for 3 weeks...

But on the bright side, Bartholamew weighs a whopping 13 lbs 12 oz and is, other than the allergy, healthy. Pepper shockingly weighs 10 lbs 1 oz. I had no idea my little girl weighed so much. But she is also healthy and has a good body shape. Or something along those lines. Basically, neither of them is overweight. Which makes me happy. I want my babies to be healthy.

2 comments:

Nic said...

My cat is so fat the neighbors are convinced he is pregnant and keep asking me if they can have a kitten,

Robin said...

Mr Ace is the opposite...at home he's "big, bad, man-cat"--get out the pet carrier different story. He knows the only place that thing takes him is to the----dreaded DR"!! At the Dr.s office he's pitiful, baby cat!

Glad they are all ok!