Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 questionnaire

Welcome to SP9!

Below is the questionnaire for this round.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I’ve found I’m more drawn to the natural fibers. lately it’s wool and cotton. I certainly don’t mind acrylic as thats what I crocheted with for years. I haven’t used many of the eyelash/specialty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

right now they’re all in their original packages in one of those sterilite “drawers”. DPNs are in a ziplock back in their containers

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I taught myself to knit this spring. I would consider myself an advanced beginner but Mom would say “intermediate”. She told me last knit she thinks I knit as well as she does and she’s been knitting for a while.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

not yet but if I start one, I’ll post it.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I like the fruity and flowery scents. I’m not so fond of the ‘vanilla’ scents. I also like “clean” smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I do have a sweet tooth! Right now I want to say my favorite candy is candy corn but thats just because it’s out right now! :) I love M&M’s - any flavor. I like those Take 5’s chocolate in general. Because of jaw issues I can’t chew gum or things really chewy but I do like hard candy as well.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet and am in the middle of taking a basket weaving class that I’m having a great time in. I don’t spin. I wouldn’t mind learning but right now I’ve got very limited space.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I listen to mostly country but do enjoy plain ol’ rock too. I can play MP3. I have an iPod shuffle and iTunes.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

my favorite colors are purple and green. I’m not so big on yellow and orange by themselves but combined with other colors they’re fine.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am single, no kids and two cats who are very spoilt.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I do wear scarves. I’ll wear a hat when it’s cold enough and don’t have any mittens. I wouldn’t mind having a pair though.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I’m on a huge dishrag kick right now but I have enjoyed making socks and plan on making more.

13. What are you knitting right now?

dishrags, socks, and a purse to be felted. I also have a sweater I want to make.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer circular needles. I don’t have a preference yet on the bamboo, aluminum or plastic yet. I’ve only used wood on the dpns so far.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

knit - early summer
crochet - 6-7 yrs old?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween. but Christmas is a very close second

19. Is there anything that you collect?

build a bears, Happy Meal toys, beanie babies.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I’m looking forward to the next Yarn Harlot book but I don’t think there are any others I can think of right off. I don’t have any knitting magazine subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

intarsia (Oh, I hoped I spelled that right)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

yes, I think these are what’s needed (my socks are the oldes knitting UFO)
bottom of calf muscle to floor 6 3/4 inches
around leg at that spot 13 1/2 inches
from top of sock to the top of the heel about 3 7/8 inches (not quite 4 in)
base of foot (from heel to beginning of toe decrease) 7 in.

i hope that’s all of them. it ‘s what I wrote down before I started my last sock.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

8/13

Dang. I had answered them all in whatever Appleworks calls "word" and had all the answers all underlined but that didn't come across and quite honestly, I want to go knit so I'm not going back and underlining all the answers again.

No comments: