Saturday, September 16, 2006

stuff about me

Well, lets see here... this is in preparation for the secret pal swap so first I'll ramble a little about me then I'll ramble a little about what's on the needles and hooks :)

or the other way around :) right now I've got one dishrag on the needles and a purse. My first purse, to be exact and I'm at the point where I have to pick up stitches around the side. I've done this before on socks but not a rectangular purse bottom. so I've been waiting til today to sit down quietly and try it. Also, today I got day one in the mid september KAL (knit along for you non knitters) in the Monthy Dishcloths KAL group on yahoo. I must admit I have a love/hate relationship with this group. I've fallen madly in love with knitting dishrags, quick, simple, you get to try new techniques and make pretty pictures, but it's caused me to go out searching for more patterns and now I have a list longer than my arm of dishclothes I want... or NEED LOL... to make. :) And I also bought yarn to make a baby sweater for a guy at work and his wife. Once the weather turns for good, I'm going to dig out my massive afghan I'm working on for ME. it's done with a super huge Q hook and 2 strands of good ol' worsted weight Red Heart. Its a 'holey' stitch but it's so very warm. I can't wait til it's done.



I thought I had a picture of just the afghan but no, you get to see Bartholamew snuggling up on it :)

And lastly, I have a sweater I want to make. I've never made clothes. I'm a touch nervous and the yarn I have (a soft baby pink alpaca) is most luxurious and well, I'm nervous. I'll get to it though :)

That's what I'm working on or fixin' to work on.

Now about me. As I've stated I do have 2 cats, they are my babies. I enjoy reading in addition to my yarning (as I call it). I've mostly read horror/mystery/sci fi type books but am trying to branch out and read new things.

A friend of mine got me hopelessly addicted to the whole Build a Bear thing. I currently have 2 bears - a boy, Chuck the Bear, or CB, and a girl, Mary Jo - and several outfits for them. Very sadly, there are many more clothes and bears/animals that I'd like to have :)

I enjoy watching NASCAR. My absolute favorite driver is Tony Stewart but there are a handful of other drivers that I root for. My sister and I go to the races when we can.

I enjoy keeping in touch with my friends both on the internet and by snail mail. I like having different not cards on hand for just so purposes.

I guess that's about all for now...

No comments: